I have always believed that an artist can be defined as such only possessing a critical look at the world around him. An artist in Italy to keep an eye to foreign countries, from which comes the news more often. The other eye, however, must be at the Italian stage because it is mainly towards it and should be reflected.
addition, it is necessary to lift its eyes to more fields of interest as they fossilize on a single discipline or art is harmful not only for the artist but also for those who use art.
I study media design, and still have some respect for the independent music scene of the Italian. The two are not necessarily unrelated, but rather complement each other. More and more musicians outsource the fact of their videos to independent productions: a little 'for lower costs and a bit' to get a closer relationship and greater dialogue with the creator of the work.
Yesterday began in Milan on I love , independent Italian music festival. I attended the opening day, combining business with pleasure. What struck me was the huge presence of young aspiring photographers and aspiring film / video makers. The music in Italy is becoming the main means of aggregation, formation of a culture based on free thought and freedom of information more important than ever in a country where information is always turned them too little. We are creating new scenarios, necessarily characterized by independent production since the funding from big production houses to create artwork and refined in Italy that has always been (sadly) little attention to culture are increasingly scarce. It is produced at low levels and very few really good products are always relegated to a corner, turned to a small circle of people. The
love me gave me courage, despite the way to go, there is still great. I hope that something is happening in Italy and that this movement starts from the young.
A special mention goes to my part of the group Mariposa. They are the perfect example of how the talent and genius are often not very appreciated in Italy. In a few minutes have collected under the stage the entire audience that the groups would not collected in the previous ten evenings, and have literally captured the attention on them. Monstrously talented but not only capable of doing the show and have fun. Not by chance were able to establish their own label, props, collecting some of the best Italian artists of the indie scene. An example to follow. What I wonder
at this point is: Is it really so normal that some demonstrations of technical capabilities, musical and even intellectuals are apparently almost completely ignored by the public, while Gigi D'Alessio fills the stadiums?
And I could also do a lot of examples in the media, but he meant those who had already heard.
Here are two pictures I took and posted on flickr:
0 comments:
Post a Comment